Thursday, March 10, 2011

Recording My Little Sister

About a week or two ago, I started doing some test recordings of my sister to see what I would be facing this summer. I plan on doing some more practice recording in the weeks to come. I'm learning quite a bit through this process, especially about how much noise is just in my house. There is almost this constant tap in the recordings from the dog on the hard-wood floors. I'll either have to take her out of the house or make a sound booth in her room with some blankets.

Which is exactly what I'm testing this weekend. Whether I can set up a sound booth in her room AND if she'll be comfortable in an interview setting as appose to something more freeform (such as on the couch watching TV).

I had a meeting with my advisor and he seems really enthusiastic about my project. He also asked me whether I wanted to be part of the interview in my movie, along with my sister. I'll see where the recording takes me but in the mean time I'll just focus on some more testing and writing up a solid treatment.

ON a slightly related topic, I am trying to finish up my last short animation in the next few weeks. It is in a "completed" form already but there is some tweaking that needs to be done in the audio and, even more importantly, I have another scene I never got to animate that was intended for after the credits but was still important to the story. Hopefully, I get that done before april.

That's it, just wanted to update things a little. I'll probably post again after this weekend depending on how the new tests go.

No comments:

Post a Comment