Monday, December 19, 2011

Building... Oh! Am I?! Nope... Still building...

As my title describes, I am still building. I am SO FAR behind it makes me want to commit hate crimes against an under-represented group of peoples... Well, maybe not THAT far behind but still...

The puppets are almost there. You can see in the picture there relative size and shape. I really like how they are coming out. I just want them FINISHED!!!
I decided to make my mouth pieces out of layered paper. I acually enjoy cutting small shapes out of paper so this has been going pretty well. The little girl mouths are SO VERY TINY and hard to set up without a reference. I decided to do the big versions first and then model the little girls after it.








And THE SET! Well... this is only a picture of one toy mountain. My set is suppose to be the inside of a toy chest, so it is made entirely of TOYS! These toys are all from my childhood. So many memories. It has been a little painful to hot glue them all together, as if to finally say, "I'm not playing with you anymore, so shut up and let me build my masterpiece from your corpses!"





So that's it, at least in picture form. I have another couple hills in progress and more parts of the puppets completed but nothing absolutely finished. I am spending from now till christmas with my family but I will probably head back to my basement on campus a day or so after we praise the birth of the newborn king. Watch out for the week of January Tenth, because I will start animation that week. Wish me luck till then.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment