Monday, September 12, 2011

I'M BACK

HEY THERE!

So, after many many months of not even trying to blog again, I HAVE RETURNED! I was interning in Brooklyn this summer so I kind of lost track of time, even with regards to my thesis... BUT I did get work done on it. Let's crash right past the boring part of how far I came and get to the point.

I HAVE MY RECORDING! I have what I consider worth all those nights I was stricken with panic concerning whether doing recordings with my sister would ever work. I am in the piece now, in fact, I am the other main character alongside my sister. Basically, after I thought I had made a final choice on what I would use for My Thesis I did one last recording with my sister AND BOY! was it worth it. It is basically an argument we had after she accidentally called a bucket a shovel.

Also, lots of medium stuff has changed. I am almost definitely doing clay animation with a lot of replacement work and I might even do clay on glass (little weary of that though). Of course, with Tom on my side giving me pointers, my sculpture skills should progress rapidly. I am struggling with whether to put the nail in the coffin on that though. I mean, originally the whole point of the piece was to do a lot of solid character animation with full bodied humanoid characters. That all changed with this recording. There is just something about it and the ideas I get from it do not equal the blue-print I started with. I feel that I need to express these characters beyond the confines of a body. I want to squash and stretch them as their emotions rise and fall. I want to convey their emotes different from the expected.

I think that is the point of my new vision. I want to move away from the expected and have fun with the animation. I could stress over how this work will be my last chance before getting into the real world of animation, or I could just have fun making a GREAT animated short involving my sister. So to hell with the confines of "reel-worthy" and let's say hello to getting back to the FUN in animation.

TATA!

No comments:

Post a Comment